What to Know If You’re Getting Married in Savannah
Consider Savannah, Georgia as the ideal destination for your wedding celebration. Its rich history, unique architecture, and delectable cuisine ensure that your special day will be unforgettable. The charming and welcoming ambiance, coupled with the endless activities and attractions, make Savannah the perfect location for you and your loved ones to create lasting memories.
Myra told us that “February and March is beautiful for downtown Savannah spots- around that time magnolia trees and pink azaleas are blooming and it’s not too hot. There’s lots of nooks and crannies around Forsyth park- the scent garden, and side streets. If you’re worried about rain Amazon sells clear umbrellas in bulk. A little rain happens sometimes, I think you can get a permit to set up an event tent if you need to!”
Heather D attended an amazing wedding in Savannah, and one of the coolest things about it was the trolley tour of the city that guests got to enjoy while the bride and groom were off taking photos. Molly M advises that rooftop venues can offer nice breezes to combat the heat, but be mindful of the pollen months.
Holly C got married in Forsyth Park Inn in April, and while everything was perfect, the weather was the only stressor. April can be unpredictable in Savannah, so it’s important to have a venue that is prepared to bring the ceremony inside in case the weather doesn’t cooperate.
Sarah M recommends staying away from summer months for outdoor weddings due to the stickiness, and also being careful around hurricane season. Meanwhile, another couple got married on Tybee Island at sunset and had a beautiful experience with an “Elope to Savannah” package, but they emphasize the importance of having an indoor backup plan and allowing plenty of time for wedding dress alterations.
It’s also worth noting that anyone can marry you in the state of Georgia, so keep that in mind when choosing an officiant. Aside from that, there is no waiting period between getting your marriage license and getting married in Savannah- which makes it the perfect place for a destination wedding or an elopement!
More Tips From Savannah Brides:
- “The weather and other nature conditions. I’m sure you know Savanna is HOT. Rooftop venues offer nice breezes. Also take in consideration the pollen months. Can stain a dress and cause allergies. Congratulations! Enjoy!”
- “Join the Savannah wedding connection group. It was helpful for our May ‘22 wedding.”
- “Forsyth Park Inn does and you get an amazing wedding coordinator if you choose that as your venue. We had an amazing wedding.”
- “The squares are free public spaces as long as you don’t rope them off.”
- Get married on the incoming tide on a full or new moon – you’ll be guaranteed a breeze
- “The downtown venues will be booked 18+ months in advance. But, some vendors don’t want to think that far ahead and won’t respond to your inquiry.”
- “Had just moved to Savannah and didn’t know anyone. We chose an “Elope to Savannah” package, got married on Tybee Island at sunset, and took beautiful photos to remember the experience. We saved tons of money and really enjoyed this experience, but we really hit it lucky with the weather. I agree with others… have an indoor backup plan and plan lots of time for wedding dress alterations”
- “That ANYONE can marry you in the state of Georgia. They don’t have to be ordained, certified, sanctified…. Our daughter was the officiant for her sister’s wedding.”
- “One of the first things you should do is book your trolleys for guest transportation.”
The wedding vendor community in Savannah is experienced, with talented floral designers, makeup artists, bakers, musicians, and other wedding vendors who offer top-notch services. Savannah is also known for its incredible restaurants and food, ranging from casual to fancy, with plenty of seafood and Southern cuisine. Drinking laws are liberal, with bars and restaurants offering drinks in clear plastic cups, so you can enjoy a cocktail anywhere north of Forsyth Park.
The historic district of Savannah is walkable, with trolley tours, walking tours, carriage rides, and pedicabs available for transportation. Royal Bike Taxi services are also available to take you to unique photo locations.
Recommendations from Locals:
- Savannah Station
- The Mackey House
- Red Gate Farms
- Kehoe Iron Works
- Morris Center
- Holly Oaks on the Marsh
- The Clyde
- The Venue
- Ships of the Sea Museum
- Jepson Museum
- Savannah Bottle Works
- Soho South
- Perry Lane Hotel
- The Gingerbread House
- Belhaven in Richmond Hill
- Hewitt Oaks in Bluffton
- Bud Johnson Photography
- Magnolia + Wyld Photography
- Bronston Photography
- Promised Land Arts
- Tiffany North Photography
- A word from them: “Hey everyone! I am Dequantie Odom Owner and photographer at Bxm Visuals LLC. Here at Bxm Visuals we specialize in wedding photography, wedding videography and engagement photo sessions. We are currently based out of Savannah Ga, originally from Fayetteville NC. We are a veteran owned company that prides ourselves on bringing your wildest visions to life. Bxm visuals has been featured on the Todays Show and also Voyager Magazine. If you are looking for an upscale professional experience look no further, we would love to be a part of your special day.”
- All About You Entertainment
- WSmith Music
- Emerald Empire Band
- East Coast Entertainment
- Cloud Events
- A word from them: “We are a Professional Dj service company with Sound,uplights, sparklers, Dancin on Clouds fog machine, Marquee letters, Wrap floors with Decal , Decorations & 360 Photo booth so look no more! Clouds Entertainment offers top quality services @ competitive prices!”
Hair & Makeup:
- Beyond Beautiful By Heather
- Royal Makeup & Hair
- Jasmine Urbánek
- Southern Belle By MariaNoel, Bridal Makeup & Hair Team
- Nabia Mohiuddin
#ChooseSavannah to tie the knot and celebrate your love in a place that truly offers an unparalleled experience